Super Easy Yummy Hummus! (No Tahini)
Quick And Easy!
Not everyone loves tahini (which is roasted sesame seeds), but you can still make some excellent hummus with or without it. This simple and quick recipe only takes 10 minutes to make if you are using canned chickpeas. However, you can use dried chickpeas but you just have to soak and cook them first. AND… Did you know that hummus is an excellent food to boost your immunity? And it is an excellent source of plant-rich protein!
What’s The Recipe?
- 1 Can or 1 1/2 Cups of Chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Water (or more as required)
- 1/2 a Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 a Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- 1/2 a Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 a Teaspoon of Cheyenne Pepper
- 1/4 a Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 Cloves of Raw Garlic
The How To
- For heavenly smooth hummus, gently pinch each chickpea to remove the skin. However, the skin is packed with nutrients as well, so if you have a powerful blender or food processor or some patience, you can can skip this step.
- Add all of the above ingredients into your blender or food processor. Add a tablespoon of water until you have the creamy consistency you desire.
Now your ready for the best part! Let’s dip it with pita slices, crackers, chips or bread!
- What you don’t eat, store in the fridge or keep in the fridge ready to enjoy with special company!
Additional Tips For Uncooked Chickpeas
- Add 1 1/2 Cups of chickpeas into a large bowls and cover with water. The chickpeas will expand so ensure than they are well covered.
- Do your thing or go to bed and let them rest on the counter for the next 8 hours
- Then place the soaked chickpeas into a pot and cover well with water.
- Cook on medium heat for the next 1 1/2 hours
- Test a chickpea for the desired tenderness and consistency you desire. If you’re happy, drain them and let them cool. Once they cool, continue with the instructions above in “The How To”